June 1997 - Present
|Morrisville Community Church
3824 Swamp Road
P.O. Box 178 Morrisville, NY 13408
Take Route 20 to Morrisville.
At the main intersection turn North onto Cedar Street. Follow Cedar St
for 0.6 miles. The Church is on the East side just outside the village
Link to Online Mapping Tool
|The roots of the Morrisville Community Church go back to 1805, when the
Congregational Church established the first church in the community, eight
years after the first house was built in what was then known as "Morris
Flats." In 1809, the American Baptist Church formed a congregation
here. After the Madison County seat was moved here in 1817, the community
began to grow more rapidly and became incorporated as the village of Morrisville
two years later. In 1834, a Methodist Church opened its doors. These churches
grew and prospered into the 20th century, as the community changed from
county seat to an agricultural college community. As lifestyles changed,
and religious fervor waned, the Baptist and Congregational Churches merged
to form the United Church in 1925. In 1968, the United Church merged with
the Methodist Church and became the Morrisville Community Church. In 1969,
it was chartered by the Presbyterian Church (USA) as a new congregation.
In 1995, the Church on the corner of Route 20 and Union Street was destroyed by fire. Services were held at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, while a new building was being constructed on Cedar Street. On June 23, 1997, the church was formally dedicated.
First and Foremost, we are part of the Church of Jesus Christ. We welcome
and include those of many denominations with all contributing to the richness
of our fellowship.